We offer a full and varied activity and entertainment programme. Residents are encouraged to maintain links with the community. Outings are arranged and entertainers visit the home on a regular basis. Religious services are held regularly at the home and visits to local religious services are encouraged.
We have a dedicated and experienced activity coordinator who works delivering the activities and planning the activities.
Activities are specific to the needs of residents and often involve one to one provision. Examples of activities are flower arranging, crafts, beauty, baking, walks, gardening etc.
Residents are taken out by care staff to the local shops and for refreshments. We also organise day trips to the coast, garden centres of for afternoon tea. Residents are encouraged to sit in the lovely garden at Freshfields when the weather permits.
We provide entertainment at Freshfields and we encourage and support all residents to enjoy the entertainers. We have some regular entertainers but also book new ones. We are always looking for new and different ways to entertain our residents.
Regular In-house Entertainment and Activities include:
- Yoga for Residents – fortnightly
- Music Moves Us – monthly
- Upminster Baptist Church
- Baking Cakes
- Art and Crafts
- Emerson Park Singers
- ADHOC Singers
- Rotary Club
- Children’s Nursery and Local Schools
- Professional Entertainers from the Variety Club – London
- Bingo, Board Games, Cards and Film Showings
- Cream Tea Afternoons and Barbeques during the summer months
- Themed Days – Cockney, Spanish, Chinese and Italian
- Pantomime Production – Mother Goose
- Wellgate Farm – bring animals into the home